Get an overview of this hotelHotel with private beach, full-service spa
Located in Rarotonga, The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium is by the ocean, a 1-minute drive from Aroa Beach and 6 minutes from Wigmore's Waterfall.
This 4-star hotel is 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from Muri Night Markets and 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from Te Vara Nui Village.
Make yourself at home in one of the 104 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After a day at the private beach, you can enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and an outdoor tennis court. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can get to nearby shops on the shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy local and international cuisine at Captain Andys Bar & Grill, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Continental breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Rarotonga? This hotel has facilities measuring 4306 square feet (400 square meters), including a conference center. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium
Simply walk outside to feel the sun on your face at the white sand beach. Spend the day at the beach and work on your tan with sun loungers (chaise longues) or relax in the shade with complimentary cabanas. At The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, pamper yourself with a treatment at the full-service spa or have fun in the sun with activities like snorkeling and kayaking.
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. The property also offers a snack bar/deli and a grocery/convenience store. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. This beach hotel also offers a complimentary children's club, an outdoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium has designated areas for smoking.
- Picnic area
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Free self parking
- Outdoor pool
- Computer station
- Conference space size (meters) - 400
- On private beach
- Luggage storage
- Limited WiFi (surcharge) device count 1
- Concierge services
- Snack bar/deli
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Shopping on site
- Outdoor tennis court
- Total number of rooms - 104
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 12
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Tennis on site
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Full-service spa
- Billiards or pool table
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Free beach cabanas
- Grocery/convenience store
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 1977
- Free pool cabanas
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Children's club (free)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 4306
- Banquet hall
- Laundry facilities
- Beach towels
- Television in common areas
- Arcade/game room
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( NZD 10 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( NZD 10 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( NZD 18 per hour )
Free self parking
- Satellite TV service
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Premium bedding
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- In-room massage available
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Electric kettle
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limited WiFi (surcharge) device count
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
Where to Eat
Continental breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7:00 AM and 10:00 AM.
Captain Andys Bar & Grill - This beachfront restaurant specializes in local and international cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Reservations are required.
Te Vaka Restaurant - This beachfront restaurant specializes in local and international cuisine and serves breakfast only. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Captain Andy's Bar - Onsite bar. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
A private beach and an outdoor tennis court are featured at the hotel. In addition to an outdoor pool, other recreational amenities include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling on site
- Golfing nearby
- Beach volleyball on site
- Kayaking on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Playground on site
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
SpaPolynesia has 2 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Massages are available on the beach and in the spa; other services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, and sports massages. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and reflexology.
The spa is open select days. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Prenatal massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Sports massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 4 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Fee for continental breakfast: NZD 24 for adults and NZD 24 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 10 per day (1-device limit, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD 10 per day (1-device limit, rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: NZD 18 per hour (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: NZD 60 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: NZD 30 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 11 years old)
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Late check-out fee: 60 percent of room rate (subject to availability)
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Rarotongan Beach Resort
- Rarotongan Beach Resort Lagoonarium
- Resort Lagoonarium
- Rarotongan Beach Lagoonarium
- The Rarotongan Beach Resort Spa
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.